Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My little boy is alredy 8 months old!




I cannot believe how fast the past 8 months have flown by! My little man is 8 months old and I never could have imagined how crazy in love I could be. I also never imagined how scared, petrified, worried, anxious I could be at the same time! I have never been an anxious person but having a sweet little guy who depends on me had changed me in so many ways. All of them for the better. I do find myself getting worked up and fearful of so many of the "what ifs" that surround us. There is so much to fear in the world. I don't want my son to be raised by a fearful mom though or in an environment of fear. I want him to explore, play, search, learn, be joyful, successful, to love and be loved. So, each nite as I nurse him to sleep I pray out loud. I give thanks to the Lord for our wonderful day, for our health and family and friends. I pray for wisdom as a mom and wife. I pray that I can teach our son about God's love and be a good role model for him. I pray that he grows healthy, well, strong and happy. I pray for guidance thru all of the scary parts of life and then I drop that bag of burdens at the foot of the cross and I kiss my beautiful, sleeping boy goodnight. I am blessed beyond words!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh, how beautiful!

I can still remember finding your blog, reading your birth story, and hoping and praying I could have the same experience. :) And now I cant believe your beautiful boy is 8 months old. Where did that time go?? :) Maddie will be 6 months this weekend and I just cant believe it. :)

And your prayer seems so touching and wonderful. Thanks for sharing that. I want to end my baby's night with a prayer as well. I pray aloud for my 7 year old just cause I think thats how we learn to pray, by watching others, but I hadnt thought to do it with baby girl.

Kari Fox said...

Oh Mel - I love the pic of G-man playing with your face. How very precious.