Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where has all the talent gone?

Seriously, what kinds of stars do we watch on TV and in movies these days. Most of our entertainment is computer generated. At the risk of sounding ridiculously old fashioned, there are not any fantastic stars like yesteryear. Take Gene Kelly. That man could act, sing, dance and yes, TAP DANCE ON ROLLER SKATES! Check out this video. It's long and the last 2 minutes are so worth it!



So, like I was saying, where is the talent for our kids to watch and idolize and try to emulate?

1 comment:

Alberta Rose said...

I do agree with George Carlin that the best role model for your child is yourself and if you don't want that responsibilty, don't expect others to take up the slack. I am a firm believer "if you don't like what you're seeing, turn off the T.V." It's why when my son and I started to watch a NASCAR race that was airing on Monday due to rain on Sunday, I turned off FOX and turned on the satellite radio. The commercials were NOT child friendly.

I'd sooner my son think the way the Duggar family in Arkansas lives their lives is cool and end up with ten grandchildren then have him wonder why there aren't any Christian families on television. I have no problem watching 17, I mean 18, I mean 19 Kids and Counting with me (he started watching it halfway through the 17 Kids and Counting season, LOL!)