Wednesday, November 19, 2008

it's official, the countertops look awful!

Yep, I applied the 3rd coat of the finish to the island tonite and I hate it. The hubby thinks it looks pretty awful too. So, I tried using a paint that I have on hand to faux finish it. I watered the paint down and ragged it on, sponged it off and the texture look is pretty cool, the color, however is terrible! So, back to the drawing board...The only good thing right now is that it feels like we have concrete countertops, we just need to tweak the color - ALOT! I am too tired to drag out the camera, so I promise a pic of how both finishes look so far later this week! I promise!

Onto good news!!!!! Baby stuff!!

We had our 28 week midwife appt today. It was great as usual. We got to hear the heartbeat which is my favorite part. It was all over the 140's which was wonderful since Baby was moving around lots. Baby is likely about 16" long now and weighs over 2 pounds. And, it feels like it inside me! I love the feeling of baby moving around and tumbling. I have no back pain, swelling or anything; pregnancy is still a delight, a blessing and truly a breeze! I am not doing the glucose tolerance test that most doctors require at this stage, but we did do a blood test today for iron levels and such. K and my midwife both agree with my decision not to do the glucose test. The ways that I am eating, (the dietary restrictions due to the fibroid) really don't leave a lot of room for high blood sugars. I am not showing any symptoms of gestational diabetes either. Also, K has had Type I diabetes since he was a pre-teen so I can test my blood sugars with his meter if we get concerned. I refused the test mainly because I have not had that much sugar (50 grams) in my entire pregnancy collectively, why in heaven's name would I pump that much terrible stuff into me now? It just makes no sense to me. Also, at this stage of pregnancy, baby's eyes are opened and blinking! Baby can also cough and hiccup too! I don't think I have felt hiccups yet, but I am not sure.

No comments: