Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I made it, and more importantly, so did G-Man

We both made it thru our first day of work/daycare on Monday. It was harder on me than him, which is good! He had a wonderful day with our neighbor who is caring for him. I feel so blessed by our situation. I work at the office 3 days a week, and from home 2 days a week. K works 4 - 10 hour shifts so he is home 1 day a week. That means our precious G-Man only has 2 days of outside care a week. Our neighbor has 4 wonderful kids of her own ranging from jr high to college. And other than the occassional days a month, G-Man is her only daytime charge. It makes me feel so comfortable knowing that he is getting lotsa love, attention and is in a safe environment. Today, I am working from home, at least I will be shortly. G-Man is close to sleeping so I can get started and hopefully get 2-3 hours in this morning!

He will be 11 weeks old tomorrow, so enjoy the video I took today. He is getting so big so quickly! I can't manage to get video of his smiles and giggles...YET! But I will be working on it in the coming days.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the chatter! he is so beautiful and what a blessing to beable to spend so much time with him.

Mellissa said...

Thanks toni! Hug that gorgeous Maddie and hold on tight! They just grow and change to quick! The chattering and wiggles are relatively new, maybe 1 week ago they started. The smiles and giggle started around the same time, he just does those until I pull out a camera though! Silly bug! And, ya, SO BLESSED are we. How is your postpartum recovery coming along?

Tina Vega said...

He is soooooooooooo sweet!! I can't believe how much he's grown!

Kari Fox said...

Oh Mel, thank you so much for the video, and the phone call. I got a chance to watch it during my lunch break. He is soooooo wonderful. Thank you for allowing me to share a moment with you - him- and K.

Anonymous said...

Oh Mel, thank you so much for the video and the phone call. He is sooooooo wonderful... and so are you and K... Kari