Friday, April 3, 2009

It's finally over!

My first day back at work is done! It was as bad as I thought it would be. I started crying as I kissed my beautiful little boy on the head and said the word "goodbye." I don't like that word anymore. It was a rough drive into work after that. It was nice to see many of my colleagues again and it was like I didn't miss much. I still have a HUGE pile to finish up in my in box, and my special project list is growing again.


I was a little surprised by the constant stomach ache I had all day. K and I spoke by phone 3 times and two of them G-man was not a happy boy. I did get to talk to him and got him calmed down once though. Getting home, getting my little boy into my arms where he belongs and nursing him is the highlight of my day! I love him so much!

4 comments:

Tina Vega said...

It makes my heart ache to hear about your first day :-( Enjoy your sweet little G-man this weekend...

Unknown said...

*hug*

I'm sure it was hard leaving him. I'm already thinking of the day I have to go back and my heartaches at the thought of it. Maddie is only a week old and I hold her so tight knowing I wont be able to keep her with me like that forever.

It was good that K was there and that you were able to speak to him frequently, that must have brought some sort of relief. Oh, and I can just image the joy you felt when you got home. :)

I'm sure it will get easier, somehow, I mean, the rest of the world does it, right, so we must get use to it some how, or at least thats what I keep telling myself. :)

I hope you had a family-filled weekend!

Mellissa said...

Thank you both for your kind words! I had a wonderful weekend just loving up my little guy.

Crystal said...

I hope things get easier for you as you adjust to your new schedule.