Sunday, April 19, 2009

A lifetime ago...

Two years ago this week K and I were finishing up the last of 5 glorious weeks touring & exploring the most beautiful country on Earth...New Zealand. We seriously considered trying to move there during our trip. We spent 4 weeks on the South Island and 1 week on the North Island. I climbed my first real mountain there, crossed streams and rivers (wearing my hiking boots, because real Kiwi's never take them off), kayaked in the Milford Sound, mountain biked up and across a continental divide, slept under the stars, hiked the amazing Banks Peninsula, went white water rafting in Queenstown without the raft (body surfing style!), saw endangered Hector dolphins in the wild, never got tired of my hubby, never missed my cell phone, fell in love with rain forests on the "wet" (aka west) coast, decided that Okarito is where I want to live, hiked in and took a water taxi in Abel Tasman National Park. And I could go on and on! There are 2 scrapbooks to prove it too!! The picture at the top of my blog is of New Zealand, I love it there and miss it. We hope to go back someday...here are some earlier blogs about our breathless New Zealand experience.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

If you are trying to sell me on going to New Zealand...it's working. Although, I'm not sure I could do all the things you did!

Mellissa said...

Ohhh Crystal, you would LOVE LOVE LOVE it! If you and hubby are considering it we'd love to have you guys over for dinner and show you some pics and pull out the map and tempt you some more!!!