Friday, April 24, 2009

That was then...

K was going thru some of our totes looking for his own baby pics the other day. Instead of baby pics though, he found this picture of us...yep, that's a prom picture of he and I from 18 years ago! Nice mullet he had, huh? hehehehee!


I was a senior in high school and he was a freshman in college at the U of M. Ahhh the vision of youth and the wrinkle free skin!! Fast forward to nearly 4 years ago, when we were married in our front yard in a surprise wedding ceremony. No, it wasn't a surprise to us, but we told everyone who was invited that it was just for a house and deck-warming party. It was the best wedding ever! We didn't do flowers or a band or dj, no cake or centerpieces. We spent hours and hours writing the entire ceremony ourselves. We wrote our vows and kept them secret from each other. We reveled in the magic of a soon-to-be marriage, not the circus of a wedding day. Now that I have married the love of my life at our home and given birth to a blessing of a son, how could I *ever* leave this house? It is my HOME!

3 comments:

Tina Vega said...

I love the "then" and "now" pics... you guys were (and still are) such a beautiful couple.

Anonymous said...

I was around for both of those pictures but I really didn't think you had "matured" that much! Isn't it fun to look back and remember when and see how far we have come? When I think of how you both looked Saturday at the Baptism you still have that "in love" glow, it just looks a little more tired these days. Love you both! Mom

Unknown said...

You look like kids in the first picture! hehe. I love that wedding picture. I think I met you for the first time right after that, because I remember you telling everyone about what a wonderful day it was! I'm glad you guys always stay true to what is really important to you and forget about how everything is "supposed to go." I'm sure you will pass along that important lesson to your little G-man.