Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Each day a new adventure


This picture freaked me out, it shows a LITTLE BOY, not a baby, but a growing LITTLE BOY! Yikes, this ten months has gone waaaayyyyyyy too fast!

I should be used to it I suppose. I should expect the unexpected. I don't. I love the newness of looking at the world thru my son's eyes. I love seeing wonder, awe and exploration just unfold in his eyes and hands. Each day is such a gift! Today's new thing was little G realizing that he could (gasp!) STAND UP in his crib!!! And not just stand up, mind you, but stand up AND JUMP!!! Yes, we have a monkey jumping on the bed! See, I just started putting G-Man to sleep in his crib last month. I nurse him and rock him at bed time, say prayers and then when he is asleep or very nearly, I set him in his crib. I usually bring him back to bed with me at the 4am wakeup. It helps me get that last 1.5 hours of sleep in the morning and he crashes well too. Plus, I get my baby snuggles! So, because of those reasons, G-Man doesn't get much awake time in his crib.

Tonite, I set G in his crib to play for a few minutes while I was going to re-pack his bag for daycare tomorrow. I got across the room, turned around and there he was,

standing up, giggling with such delight and bouncing! And bouncing. And bouncing. And squealing with more delight! What a joy my son is! (even with his only sleeping in 3-4 hour stretches all nite long)

This week G-Man is big on pulling himself up to stand. He uses laundry baskets, toy baskets, furniture, mommy and daddy's legs, you name it! It is AWESOME!!! Oh, and he loves to read too!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh The Places You'll Go! I love that book! And, G-Man definitly is looking like a little boy. :) I love him standing up in his bed. I would have laughed and squealed right along with him. :)

Mellissa said...

I know! I love it too! We giggled and yelled for Daddy to come see what G was doing in the crib. Then the 3 of us laughed for a good 5 minutes. Angels cannot sound as beautiful as my son laughing and his daddy and I joining in! Needless to say, it took a little longer to settle to sleep, but so worth every second!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful!