Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ya, we're still here

We are just very, very tired! And there is no particular reason why. Except that I got older this week. No more "mid-thirties" for me. According to Ms. Payne, my 7th grade math teacher, I *have* to round up. Ya, I'm now in the "upper thirties," knocking on the door of 40. I was bemoaning that fact earlier this week when a girlfriend asked me what my reaction would be to reading an obituary of a mom who was 37. I was aghast, (appropriately) and shuddered as I envisioned a baby of about 1 year old and a hubby without their Momma and Wife. My first thought was, "Oh that is sooo young!" Ahhh, yes, THAT IS SO YOUNG! Thank you Gina for helping me shift my thinking and perspective. 37 is young! I am proud to be 37! I will enjoy 37! I will *rock* 37!

Today is also my little sister's birthday, so Happy Birthday to you B! I love you so much and am blessed to have you for my little sister. When we were in our teens she loved to try to get people to believe that she was the older sister and I was younger. It bugged me to no end. However, I think it's time I let her win that little charade. So, B? It's all yours you can start telling people you are the older one now, I won't even flinch!

G-Man is working up 2, yes that's right, 2 molars! Poor punkin is dealing great with the pain though! He is also trying to climb EVERYTHING! We have some pics that I will get posted this weekend. It's awesome watching him try to put things together on his own and figure out how to get up on top of things. Each day with him is a gift....truly I am blessed beyond comprehension to have him and Hubby at my side!

No comments: