Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yes, I am alive!

Sorry, after I started to recover I started reading the 3rd book in the Twilight series, then I had to finish it and read the fourth and final book in the series. I am like a bulldog that way with books, NOTHING else happens until I get done reading. My days belong to my baby and the evenings with the books. Sigh, now that I am finally done with that series (and OH. MY. GOODNESS. was it great!) I can get on with life!


G-Man turned 7 months old yesterday! I cannot believe how fast this is flying by. I just want to reach out and stop time. I spent the day at work looking at the clock and reliving his birthday each hour. It was wonderful!!! I am thinking we'll start him on his first food tomorrow. Avocado pureed with breast milk. Yum! I picked up two books that will help us along the way with healthful eating: Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron and Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. Between those two and the handouts from our Naturopath doctor I think we will do great. Of course, I won't be "following" each book exclusively, but I will be picking out the parts I feel are important and incorporating the information into what K and I have already researched for a healthy start to food for G-Man's growing little body. Speaking of which...here are some pictures I took last week. The last step G-Man had to achieve before starting on food was to be able to sit without assistance. Whaddya think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all, I've been thinking about you in regards to the flu. I'm glad you're back and that you've also finished the Twilight series. Yep, I enjoyed it as well and was the same way with it. I'd say it's probably the first and only series I've read from beginning to end, without skipping a book or anything...I did that with Harry Potter.

And, I am so proud of G-Man and his sitting, he looks great! Maddie is about to turn 5 months and I sat her up in between my legs yesterday to see how well she was doing with it, we may hit it in another month or we may not. However, she did seem so tiny sitting up like that. :)

So, thanks for posting the links to those books, I'd like to check them out. We all sat at the table last night, which is a huge tradition to me, and we placed Maddie in her high chair next to us. She spent her whole time chomping so I pulled out some cereal and she happily ate with us. She loves to explore what we have. Sean lets her lick his peaches, apples, and such, and she just loves it. Also, I'd never thought to start with an Advocado...mmmmmm, good. :)