Thursday, October 22, 2009

This post is all over the place!

** post edited and links added 10-23-09 8:30am **

Hey there bloggy friends! It seems like it's been a crazy busy week and it's only Thursday!

We had a fabulously fun play date with my high school friend Jen and her son, E who is only 2 months older than G-Man. It was awesome fun! It's hard not to compare babies though and I have to admit, I am intimidated by Jen's parenting and her smart-as-a-whip baby! At 11 months he is signing 2-3 words APPROPRIATELY! He holds up his hands to say "so big" and can low crawl so fast!!! I feel like I have let G-Man down by not teaching him enough. but hey, my kid has more teeth, ya, that's right, more teeth! :-) It was fun anyway and I am trying not to get too down on myself and tell myself that all babies develop and grow at the rate they are supposed to grow at.

I made more baby food tonite, beets and pears. G-Man is on his 2nd day of carrots and is going for his second nite (conicidentally?) of terrible sleep. I think we'll skip carrots tomorrow and see how that nite sleep goes. We are introducing all new foods one at a time and for 3 days so we know if each food causes food sensitivities, allergies, rashes or just doesn't agree with him. It's a slow process and we are using a guide from our ND (naturopath dr.) that lists what foods are ok to introduce during what months starting with the most hypoallergenic foods. I like that we are doing this and it makes a lot of sense to us.

We hit a HUGE indoor baby and kid consignment sale today. It was a big score! I am done with garage sales and will just be doing these from now on. Yes, it was that amazing! Super-duper organized, well laid out, they screen all items as consigners bring them in to be sure they are in good, clean working condition. Each consigner sets their own prices and each item is clearly tagged. It was nice when we found a Fisher-Price toy we wanted, we saw 3 or 4 of the same one, tested each one and walked away with the cheapest one! I recommend you click here to see if this chain hosts one of these sales near you. It really was incredible!

My girlfriends' dad died this week. He was a gentle, caring, giving man and will be so missed! It's not right that we are old enough to lose our parents yet. It's a very scary thought and reality staring at me. I don't like it.

I used the broiler on my oven for the first time, actually, I broiled for the first time in any oven tonite! And....(drumroll please) it was delish! Yes, I am becoming domesticated, scares the hell outta me even as I type it! I made some creamy parmesan crusted tilapia using a Whole Foods recipe. I will be making this one again too! Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm!

Our washing machine died tonite; Hubby thinks it's drain and motor assembly. I have already looked up and have the phone numbers for 4 parts places and will be calling at 8:01 when they open. (sigh...that's a pain with cloth diapers!)

I'd best wrap up. It's gonna be a L---O-----N------G nite, poor G-baby has been up just crying and crying like his heart is breaking every 20 minutes.

No comments: