Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wow, it's October already & random things

Little G-Man is really loving his NASCAR scooter! He will see something he wants to get and he will get there all on his own. He loves to explore the kitchen, thank goodness we have a counter-height table! He giggles when we move the chairs and he gets to go under the table. I just marvel at everything he does. Oh, and tooth #5 popped thru yesterday too!



Ok could someone please tell me where the past 10 months have gone? Wow, time is screeching past me, I know for certain that it never ever moved this fast when I was in school (especially math class). It's so strange how our perception of time changes as we age and in different phases of our lives isn't it? Right now, I want time so slow down to a turtle's pace just so I can soak in more of my baby while he is still a baby.
We sampled a new Betty Crocker product: gluten free brownies! Oh, my, I think I have to make them again just to be sure they tasted ok...ya, that's what I'll do! We enjoyed them while watching one of our favorite shows, Castle. It's on ABC on Monday nites. Great, witty writers, good one liners, great actors.

So, I've been making tons (ok, not tons, but dozens of ounces) of fresh baby food this week. Most of it produce from the farmer's market so it's fresh, local and pesticide and herbicide free! Perfect for building a healthy little boy! This week I mass produced acorn squash, apples, carrots, green beans, bananas and avocados mixed together and beets are still left to do. I hate peeling them so I procrastinate and leave them for last. By the way, since G-Man doesn't like cauliflower we have been mixing it in with other foods. The fav so far seems to be bananas and cauliflower with a 1:2 ratio. Some folks have asked how I make his baby food, it's easy! Clean and bake, steam or roast everything (except bananas and avocados- those can be raw). Then puree, scoop into ice cube trays, freeze. Once frozen transfer into long term freezer storage containers. Most ice cube trays make 1 ounce size cubes so it's easy to portion and know how much you are serving. Be sure to peel things like apples & beets prior to cooking. Yup, it's that simple. We don't serve G-Man any fruits on their own, we are cautious about giving him a sweet tooth so all sweet stuff is mixed with veggies. So far there is nothing he refuses, other than plain cauliflower. He does love beets and beets and apples actually taste great together!

The hubby and I also got new cell phones this week. I have been playing lots with mine...yup, it's an iPhone! LOVE IT! I have downloaded a baby sign language application, baby flash cards and my favorite from elementary school: Oregon Trail! That one is for me to play! If you have an iPhone or iTouch and have a fav app let me know what it is! I love Urbanspoon and have that one too for searching for restaurants, not like I'll be using it much...but it's nice to have. Hope you are ready for fall and all the business that comes behind it. Be sure to take the time though to stop and live in the moment, hug your kids, snuggle your spouse and just take time to "be."

1 comment:

Tilly said...

Love Castle. It is a great show. I also got the Oregon Trail app. Love it and so do my girls. Ahh, memories, of our school and it's one computer and the chance to play Oregon Trail!!!