Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rainy Thursday...



What a great rainy day! A little cool, but still, perfect rain! I planted tons of grass seed yesterday thanks to the Yellow Monster tearing up the yard last fall. This is the perfect grass-growing-green rain! This week happens to be severe weather awareness week in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Since I work in the disaster restoration industry I have a heightened awareness of fires, tornadoes and storm damages. Take a minute to be sure you and your family are prepared by checking out this website. Disasters do happen, they happen when you least expect it.

For those of you who like to scrapbook or just looovvve your family photos…I keep my scrapbooks in waterproof-fireproof safes. Aside from Hubby and the pets they are the only things insurance cannot replace. It’s not a bad idea to keep DVDs of your photos or your scrapbooks somewhere very, very safe! And, if you do have a disaster and your scrapbooks get wet, put each of them in their own plastic bag and get them into a freezer immediately! The freezing will arrest further damage. Then e-mail me, I will provide guidance for free and let you know what steps to take to get them restored. By the way, freezing any document or photo is the best way to arrest damage if they get wet.

No comments: