Friday, April 25, 2008

Unmitigated Happiness is a Princess!

My niece, the Princess and my dog, the Monster. Just look at both of those faces. Sun shining down, a gentle breeze, warm, fuzzy hugs, a sucker in the mouth and eyes closed. Both of them are just soaking in the warmth and love...yep, that is the picture of pure, unmitigated, sheer happiness and joy.

Princess has a way of doing that to me. She is joy! Her hugs still the world around me and let me just soak in the moments of childhood purity, love and wonder. At the end of this post is a picture from K's and my wedding a few years ago, but this time I have my eyes closed to block out any distractions and just share her pure love and happiness of the moment. These are my two favorite photos of her. And believe me, there are TONS of photos taken of this child!


What is your pure happiness? What makes you shut your eyes and just soak it all up?



Psalm 98.4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, Mellissa! I feel like I know you a little through Tina already! Those 2 pictures are just precious...its amazing to see the look on your dog's face too...how animals can connect with us on such a level.

Maybe our scrapping paths will cross in real life one of these days!

Tina Vega said...

I love, love, LOVE the picture of the two of them loving on each other.

It's so cute seeing your hug with the Princess as well... you have the same expression as the Monster.

Too precious.

Anonymous said...

Oh Mellissa that is so awesome! I finally sat down to take a look at your blog and it's just weird seeing my princess on the web. Brings back memories of your amazing wedding day with your Knight in Shining Armor. What a day that was. Maybe you should blog about that whole event. I can't believe it was a year ago that you spent 5 weeks in heaven on earth. Congrats on your new blog and I can't wait to read more.