Thursday, July 10, 2008

I PASSED!!!!!


(Above, dad and me at work after getting the good news!)

It was a month ago this week that I was suffering through the most grueling test in our industry. It was a week of *very* late nights studying. It was a week of missing the Hubby fiercely. It was a week of hard work! It was a week of feeling like I had to prove something because I was the only woman in the class but not wanting to be a witch.

It was all worthwhile! I received my exam score in the mail today.92.3%! I am so thrilled! This class has been taught for the last 20+ years averaging 25-40 people per year and there are less than 530 folks with this earned designation. Wow! It's pretty special for me too because my dad is one of those elite few Certified Restorers! After I write my formal report I will be among them.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations, Mellissa! All that hard work and effort paid off! Woo Hoo!

Tina Vega said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mellissa!! I have been checking regularly to find the results. Great job!!

Crystal said...

Way to go Mellissa!!! After your trip you didn't post anything, so I was slightly worried you hadn't passed. (I didn't realize you had to wait for your results - which must have been tough) I should have known better. You are one smart cookie after all. Congrats on your achievement!

Mellissa said...

Thank you all so much! It feels good to have that part done and scored. Now I will enjoy the weekend and next week start my formal report. Yeah! Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts and encouragement!