Thursday, July 31, 2008

peace after the storm

Deep breath, relax, exhale…I want to say “thank you” to all of you who have remembered Baby, K and I in your prayers and for passing us along to your prayer chains. I have been reading and re-reading the scripture verses that were posted for me as comments on my blog and on the blogs of two other blogger/scrapbooking/prayer friends. Those verses have been so helpful to me. Thank you! Here they are:

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. ~Psalm 94:18-19

And

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10

And this too:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

I am really feeling surrounded by peace and comfort right now. I feel like there is the same sense of hope and wonder and excitement that I had before the fibroid news at the ultrasound. I am back to being determined to *enjoy* every day of pregnancy and I believe with all my heart that I will grow a healthy child whom I get to meet in February.

Too, this morning a thought hit me like a bus. Since WHEN do I just take the word of a medical doctor as gospel? Me? Never! Yes, he is educated but his tool box is limited. He practices western style medicine only and did not seem interested in pursuing any complimentary or integrated medicine approaches. The human body is amazing! God made us pretty darn complex and I don’t believe that any single approach is ever the best answer. We need to integrate many facets to achieve whole health and wellness and vitality. I called my chiropractor and talked to her. She already has a copy of the radiology report and she is going to work with a nutritionist she trusts to put together some dietary recommendations for me. I talked to our midwife who is also a naturopath doctor and she will have some homeopathic remedies and such for me at our next appointment in less than two weeks.

K and I both feel blessed that we were lead to amazing women for my health care and that of Baby. We trust both of them and know that the Lord has brought us to the right place for care. I trust the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and I *KNOW* that He is taking care of us. Thank you for your continued prayers. The peace and happiness I feel are deep within me and I know that we are safe. We just ask for continued prayers that we have a healthy pregnancy, labor and delivery and that the fibroid becomes an inconsequential thing not affecting Baby or me in any negative way.

1 comment:

Tina Vega said...

Beautiful post, Mellissa.

GORGEOUS photo!!!!