Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's finally setting in and I am ...


...ex·hausted (ĭg-zôst'ed) v. ex·haust·ed, ex·haust·ing, ex·hausts 1.To wear out completely, to use up completely

I think the extreme excitement, thrill and wonder of being a new mommy for 20 days (I can't believe it's been that long already!) and the lack of sleep are finally catching up to me. Little G-Man has had a nice little growth spurt which means breastfeeding (on demand) every 60-75 minutes for the past 2 days. I am sore and tired, but wouldn't trade it for anything! I never realized how hard breastfeeding can be, but I am blessed that I have a great resource in our midwife and amazing support from my wonderful hubby. I do hope to get caught up on sleep and take and post some new pics as the week continues. But now, G-Man has a clean diaper, a full tummy and he's sleeping which means it's Mommy's nap time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember those days with my second son where he seemed to eat non-stop throughout the day and night. I remember realizing just how taxing it can be on our bodies but that I was still in awe over the fact of breastfeeding and being able to keep up with it all.

He is gorgeous. What a blessing!