Saturday, February 14, 2009

My heart is singing!

Above, a new pic I took today using the remote shutter control on my camera.


I normally *hate* Valentine's Day. It's strictly a commercial holiday; buy cards, jewelry, chocolate, stuffed animals...it's stupid. You should be showing and telling those whom you cherish and love how you feel about them daily, not once every 365 days. Making a special effort weekly to show your spouse, family, kids that you love them should be something we all do. K certainly does that for me and I hope that I do the same for him.

Today, well, this Valentine's Day is a little different. Maybe it's being a new mom and having this overwhelming new flood of love surrounding this family. We didn't go anywhere, buy any gifts for each other, or have a special dinner. We did spend the day in the house together, kissing each time we passed in the hallways, snuggling our son and just being loving. Pretty much a day like any other, a beautiful day full of peace, respect, love and simplicity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree 100% with your views on V-day. :)