Tuesday, February 24, 2009

*This* almost made me cry!

Seriously, if it had been anyone else but K giving little G-Man his first bottle I would have lost it and broken down in tears. As it was I took a few pics, then had to leave the room. I couldn't stay and watch. I didn't like seeing it, it felt wrong, it looked wrong, it *WAS* wrong. It ate up a little part of me. Yes, the milk that G-Man is drinking is my pumped breast milk, but seeing a bottle at his lips just killed me. We had to do introduce him to a bottle though, since I will be returning to work in a few weeks and he will have to eat while I am gone. G-man will get probably 1 or 2 bottles a week from Daddy until I return to work, just so he knows how to eat from one and is ok with it. I already have a stash of milk pumped and in the freezer and will continue to do more. I just feel like the only place he should be eating is in my arms and from me. I have chosen (and K is wonderfully supportive of it) to breastfeed the little guy. There is no arguing that God is the best engineer and that He made breast milk to be the perfect source of nutrition for baby. For example, did you know that even if mom doesn't get enough calcium in her diet that her body will still make breast milk with enough calcium for baby? Sigh, this is not a hurdle I ever imagined that I would have to overcome. My emotional response to seeing this last night really threw me for a loop.

4 comments:

Tina Vega said...

I so remember that feeling... it is so very hard.

What a sweet, sweet picture.

Crystal said...

Even though I understand it is a difficult change, I really love this picture. You can see your little G-man is looking at his dad. Hopefully it becomes easier for you.

Mellissa said...

You are right Crystal, he is super cute looking at Daddy like that...it was a sweet moment, but the whole "someone else" can meet that need for him part really snuck up on me...

Unknown said...

*hug* It's an adjustment. Just cherish the moments you have him at your side. :)