Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's Party Time!

Monster dog dressed to party, and Gramma getting G-Man dressed and ready! He took a great almost 2-hour nap just before the festivities.

G-Man had his First Birthday Party today. It was a great day! He was feeling cuddly, yet social and played quite happily with his uncles, auntie and friends and of course, Grammas and Grandpas. I have a thing with hosting parties and am always afraid that I won't have enough food...then I end up with TONS of leftovers. Again, same thing today! At least it all freezes! So, here are some first birthday shots. Let's not forget the gratutious baby with cake shot. I made gluten free, dairy free, egg free cupcakes with gluten free, dairy free, egg free frosting. The Grammas had requested a messy dessert for him. I don't think I disappointed! Naturally, G-Man's best friend was pretty happy today too...you'll see what I mean as you scroll down.
Above, playing with friends and cousins. The push cart that G is leaning on was a birthday present from Gramma and Papa J. Without anyone helping him, G grabbed the handle, and took off walking across the living room ALL. BY. HIMSELF. He has done that a few times today. Sooo, cool!
G and Mommy and a messy cupcake all for him!
G and Daddy and what's left of the cupcake, with chocolate frosting all over his face!
"Mmmmm," that was after G let the dog lick his hand! Hehehehe!

Cleanup!

2 comments:

Tina Vega said...

Nice bloggy makeover :) Love the party pics, looks like you had a wonderful celebration.

Unknown said...

I can not believe how big this gorgeous baby is! I remember reading your birth story, hoping and praying I'd be able to experience the same beauty you had. And now I'm reading a year later how you all celebrated his big day! I am smiling from ear to ear. :)

I truly have loved watching him grow. I feel as if you're just distant family and G-man is my own little nephew...wow, I could have at least sent a gift. :)

Anyway, thanks, Mellissa for being a part of my life the past year and for letting me enjoy you and your family's. *hug*