Saturday, January 16, 2010

What a great Saturday!


It was a fabulous day! The day started with some morning playtime at home. Then our family photographer, good friend and scrapbook (Creative Memories brand) supplier (K calls her my 'dealer') - Tina came over! She got some fun one year pictures of my G-Man! We were even her first model with one of her new props (scroll down on her blog to see it!)! I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out! Tina had blogged earlier this week about some First Birthday Props. I was motivated by the cute t-shirts, and I just happened to have some fun Sock Monkey quilting fabrics. I picked up a couple of $3 tees at Walmart and some fabric paint. It took about 20 minutes to make both shirts. G-Man wore one of them today for the pics. I think this will be a birthday tradition for as long as G-Man lets me make them for him. It will be fun to pick out the print fabric together and make the shirts with him as he grows!

This afternoon it was off to Gramma and Papa J's for some playtime while the hubby and I went on a nice long walk in the snowy woods at a county park. It was spectacular. It was unseasonably warm, at 34 degrees F and sunny. A delightful day to be outside tromping thru 12" deep snow in the woods.
The hubby indulged me with a trip to Ikea. Really, going to Ikea on the weekends is NOT for the feint of heart. It's sooo stinkin' crowded and crazy. But we did pick up a new Expedit tower for toy storage. I love these things. They can be set up horizonally or vertically. I think it turned out pretty nice!



By the way, the black horizontal stripe near the top of the shelf is a strip of chalkboard paint. We have it going all the way down the wall. I love it! We have more fun with parties here seeing the artwork and commentaries from friends and family. You can pick up green or black chalkboard paint at your local hardware or home improvement store.

Tomorrow morning it's church for G-Man and I then some playing! I have to move a ton of pics and my scrapbooking software to a different laptop too, that will probably consume my evening once he gets to bed though. Have a great start to the week everyone! It's G-Man's birthday week, so we'll be celebrating as I reminisce about where I was and how I was feeling one year ago. Sigh...

No comments: