Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We are having sooo much fun!

I cannot believe how many things my little boy learns to do in a week! It is just mind boggling! I kinda expected this:
I just didn't expect it so soon! Last night G-Man had been "practicing" with finger food. He pushes it all over the table really well! So far it has yet to make it to his mouth, but he is having some wonderful tactile experiences so I really don't care if he isn't self-feeding yet. Anyway, Monster Dog has figured out that G-Man drops food and drools food and spits food and it all lands in the general vicinity around G-Man. So where does Monster hang out? Ya, right under G. G loves this and is getting a little distracted by Dog. Dog had finished cleaning up the immediate mess under G-Man and was walking away when G screeched and said "da" and reached out for him. Needless to say, Monster Dog smelled food on that sweet toddler little hand and was more than willing to lick it clean. This elicited squeals, real squeals of happiness from my little boy and howls of laughter from me. Needless to say my camera was not nearby. Fortunately for me, they figured it all out again today and at least my camera-phone was close!

I figured since we were playing with our food we may as well try different modes of eating it. Today was the first time G-Man took a bite from a banana. Of course, when it got set down in front of him he proceeded to poke it to death. Like I said, tactile learning!

And lets not forget to do our indoor gardening this winter, ok? We have 2 live plants in our house, that's almost 2 too many for me. Thankfully they are snake plants and they can survive even me! I have high hopes for more plants if G-Man keeps up with his gardening skills! Who can be upset with a baby playing in the dirt? Certainly not me!

He started splashing with deliberate action this week in the tub too, both arms, both legs totally going! And of course, we were both laughing pretty hard. I thought it was cute enough to get his Daddy (which is pretty much a constant) so I yelled, "Hey, K!" I had barley finished when a little wet parrot echoed clearly, "haaayyy ki!" as loud as he could! My head snapped around and I said, "It's Daddy to you little man!" I mentioned that to our daycare provider and she said that he echoed her when she said "hey hey hey" to some of the kids earlier that day too! Also in his verbal repertoire, Mama, da (dad), daa (dog) and caa (cat). He uses all 4 of those words appropriately and without prompting. Quite often when the cat walks past him he will look at her and say "caa" all by himself. It's just incredible!

No comments: