Monday, January 11, 2010

Research time...again.

So, my little guy is turning one year old next week...ONE! I can't stand how fast it's flown by! Among the millions of things that I have on my to-do list are re-researching vaccinations, his current health status, his exposure risk, and the homeopathic remedies and alternative remedies for the diseases for which we vaccinate. We have thus far, chosen not to vaccinate our little boy. It's a purposeful decision. Likely, one that you may not have made. So, if you have vaccinated your child(ren) why did you do it? Was a purposeful choice? I don't mind if you make a different choice from me, but please folks BE PURPOSEFUL! Don't vaccinate because the dr. says to.

Some of the things we take into consideration are our sons' diet. He eats whole, organic foods, nothing out of a box or jar. The food you give your body makes a huge impact on how it can respond, keep you healthy and fight illness. We also read the manufacturers research on each vaccine they make, the drug study that they did, including the ages of children in the study and the duration of the study. We also look for what other drugs were given at the same time by the manufacturer in the study. At most dr. visits your child is scheduled to get 3-6 vaccines, are any of them studied at the same time to see if there are drug interactions? So far my research says NO!

Last year one of the elementary schools in our school district had a chicken pox "outbreak." Their response was to encourage parents to re-vaccinate their kids. I found it really interesting that some of the kids who were vaccinated once and re-vaccinated in this outbreak did get chicken pox. It bothers me that there is a vaccination we are giving our kids that DOES NOT WORK. Worse yet, we know it doesn't confer a lifelong immunity. So, we will see what, in 15 years or so a HUGE outbreak of chicken pox in 20 and 30-somethings. 20 and 30-somethings who will be very, very sick with chicken pox - much more sick than they would have been as children.

So, it's off to continue research, see what else new stuff there may be for me to read...we've logged dozens and dozens of hours researching vaccines, and we're not done yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I look admire you for your research. You have touched my life in so many ways. Thank you!

Unknown said...

please remove the *look* word from my previous post. I changed my mind mid sentence before got to backspace. :)