Thursday, January 21, 2010

It was a spectacular day for celebrating, wishing and reflecting

Today my baby, my little boy, my Bug turned one year old. Well, technically, he doesn't turn one until 11:40pm (CST), but you get the idea. Every time I have looked at the clock today I was immediately brought back to where I was and what I was doing exactly at the moment one year ago. It wasn't until after 6:00pm that things got fuzzy and I don't have a time to attach events, feelings, progress to. It was perfect. My last day and hour being pregnant and G-Man's entry into the world was so perfect, so peaceful, so powerful and so beautiful. It was an experience that has changed me forever. And this past year has continued to change me. G-Man has not been the only one to grow and learn! To read more about this time last year, check out this blog entry.


Today we started the day with kisses and playing! G-Man *loves* his baths so when he crawled into the bathroom this morning and tried to get into the tub, I said "Sure, we can start your day with a bath!" We usually save baths for bed time, but today his HIS day, so we had a fun splashy bath! Then we played some more, napped and took off to meet Daddy for lunch at Panera. It was nice to see the Hubby in the middle of the day and I treasured that we were all able to spend that hour together for G's birthday lunch. G-man even ate some of the antibiotic-free chicken from my sandwich! From there G-Man and I hit Stride Rite to get him measured for shoes since he is starting to walk a little (furniture surfing and holding our hands and stuff). Then, off to our chiropractor, Dr. Pam who was also at my house with me while I was in labor! She was a lifesaver!!! We had quite a few good laughs that afternoon.




Finally, back home to play and play! Gramma and Papa J. came over to visit and wish G-Man happy birthday. It was a wonderful day and there is a party on the horizon!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday to your lil G-man! Looking forward to seeing pics from his first bday party!

Unknown said...

I totally recognized those pressure points on the forehead, I've used them myself for sinus issues. :)

And what a great way to spend this special day with family. :)