Sunday, May 31, 2009

Farmers Market Time!!

I love shopping the St. Paul Farmer's Market! This morning I ventured out with my friend Melissa (ya, 2 Mellissa's out together spells TROUBLE!) who introduced me to the Farmers Market. It was a great early morning errand and we got some fabulous food from local farmers and producers. It's super expensive to be certified organic, so very few of the farmers have that label, however most all of the tables have signs that say 'grown pesticide and chemical free' so it's really easy to buy fresh, chemical free food that tastes delish! I spent around $40 today and got: a bunch of daisies, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, table onions, spinach, romaine and red and green leaf lettuce, 1# of asparagus, wild rice beef brats, radishes, 1 dozen free range eggs, some chipotle gouda cheese, and eggplant hummus, YUMMY!!! I love shopping local & feasting on such great whole foods.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhhhhhhhh, you so just made my belly hungry. :)

I think its great to buy local, fresh, and organic. It's ashame that usually the healthiest of foods is more expensive.


Junk food is just way too cheap and in abundance. I wish our schools would take coke machines and junk snack machines out of them and focus more on healthy nutrition.

Anyway, great food. Mmm, I seriously and hungry now. :)

Tina Vega said...

I am SOOOOOO jealous. I was just thinking about the Farmers' Market today. St. Paul's is the best.

Mellissa said...

Ya, it makes me sick to see our schools (with gov't funding!) allow themselves to be paid off by the vending food companies and fill our kids with toxic crap. All the veggies btw, have been SPECTACULAR! And the eggplant hummus was insane! I am going back this Saturday for more!