Friday, June 12, 2009

H1N1

I am starting to wonder if the little G-Man and I had the H1N1 flu last week. I would be thrilled if we did! No, I am not crazy, because if we did have it, then our bodies have worked properly and created an immunity to it and we'll be safe from catching it later this year (or in coming years) if it starts the rounds. One thing is certain here in the North, there is a season called Flu Season! I checked out the CDC web page HERE and this is the list of symptoms:

"The symptoms of this new H1N1 flu virus in people are similar to the symptoms of seasonal flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. A significant number of people who have been infected with this virus also have reported diarrhea and vomiting."

We didn't have the diarrhea or vomiting, but we had the rest. Granted that list pretty much covers every bad cold I have had my entire life! The only reason I got to thinking about it was that my father in law asked if we had it and on the news this morning I heard that the cases in Minnesota have doubled in the last week. It could be, and frankly, I hope so! One more thing that we are porperly immune to! Sometime soon I want to do a nice extensive post on our bodies, how they work properly if we treat them right, immunizations and disease. I keep composing parts of it in my head as I drive to and from work, now I just need to get the stuff out and "on paper" as it were. Have a great, healthy weekend all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not a fan of H1N1, it reminds me too much of all the zombie movies I've watched. :)

Anyway, it does sound exactly like what you both had, so I'm sure there's a good chance it was it.

I'm just happy you've both recovered. :) And definitly post that post abut the body!!!

Mellissa said...

Zombie movies? You are too silly! I will try to get my thoughts all organized because vaccinations, (or lack of) and helping our bodies work as God intended are an important topic to me.