Thursday, July 16, 2009

I can't be the only one!

Above, pic of my belly, full of G-Man at 35 weeks pregnant, just 2 weeks before he was born...sigh...I miss this!


I see pregnant women everywhere and it makes me think back to this time one year ago. I was newly pregnant. I certainly didn't look pregnant, but I was. I didn't actually look pregnant until the late fall. Even in early December one friend who hadn't seen me in awhile said, "You don't look pregnant! You just look like you enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner!" (Thanks Sunny!) I love being a mom, I love my son more than I ever imagined was possible, and I loved being pregnant! I loved my labor and delivery too, but I attribute that to 8 months of positive meditation and being at home for all of the labor and delivery. I would love to have the financial resources to just stay home full time and have another baby or two! But, for now it's more than I can ask for to have my gorgeous son! Tell me there are more women out there who *LOVED* their pregnancy, labor and delivery...am I that "unique"??? This is another link to a blog and photo just 1 week before I had G-Man...I love this pic of my tummy!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I have a friend that feels the same way about her pregnancy as you, she is about 32 weeks. Her only issues are sleeping, but keeps a good attitude like you did. You guys make it look so easy! If I ever have a baby I hope it goes as well. I still think attitude is key!

Mellissa said...

I think you are right, attitude and mindset make such a difference in everything in life! You will have a wonderful pregnancy and be a great momma too, should you go down that road. ;-)

Unknown said...

Nope, not the only one! It's acutally taken me 3 children to really catch the baby bug and I think its due to the fact that I enjoyed my baby's birth so much. This last time around wasnt scarey or tramatic and that made all the difference. I even think it played into Maddie adjusting so quickly. :)

Oh, and this belly pic of you is so precious. I didnt always enjoy being pregnant since I have such crazy sensory issues, but you, you are one of those model pregnant women...just seeing that little belly makes me want to try for another. :)

Mellissa said...

Thanks Toni for the sweet compliment! I hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

Mellissa,
I had forgotten to mention in my last post how often I thought of your birth. It just hit me this morning that I loved the post you had put up of G-man coming into the world. :) I did, I imagined it often so I could use it as a model for when it was Maddie's turn. :)

Thanks for being a part of that special time for me. *hug*