Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's been crazy!

Last week was INSANE!!!!! Monday, G-Man had an allergic reaction to our dog. He got terrible hives after being licked by the Monster. Then Tuesday he had an allergic reaction to a prescription cream for a rash he's had for 3 weeks. It was the first time we used the cream; we applied it after he fell asleep and within 20 minutes he was awake screaming like I have never heard before. I ran to him and there was blood on his onesie, he was clutching both cheeks and it looked like he had a chemical burn on his cheeks and neck. That was all it took to make me cry! We got him into a bath and poured water over the affected areas for 15 minutes. He calmed down and we just snuggled and soothed until he fell asleep around midnight. His poor little body had been thru the ringer both days!!!! Wednesday we got an appointment with a dermatologist and a new cream that we tested on his arm to see if there would be a reaction. Thursday we left for camping with much hesitation on my part. I was worried that with the week G-Man had that this would just be too much. I was worrying needlessly however, he LOVED camping! He slept for 12 hours each nite (waking to nurse only 2x each nite) and we played outside all day. It was wonderful! I don't have any pics to post yet...I hope to get to my camera tonite. G-Man has sprouted another tooth also! His front bottom two teeth are now visible and sharp! He's also working on a couple more. Pics to follow soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Tina Vega said...

I'm so sorry to hear about poor little G-man (and you, for that matter!) - sounds like camping was good for your soul (and his). I hope you have a smooth and easy ride for the rest of the summer.

Hearing of his sharp teeth makes me wince. Ahhhh... I mean, ouch, the memories.