Monday, June 30, 2008

Playing with my new "toys"

Poor Monster Dog is probably blind! I set up my softbox and umbrella lights (woohoo) and started adjusting my camera, fiddling with F-stops and shutter speeds, adjusting studio light intensity and during all of it Monster was content just to sit in the middle and get his retinas burned. Poor puppy! I promise that I didn't have him on a "stay"! I then focused on my new favorite tea mug (see below) and played until I got the white balance figured out and not too yellow! I am so excited to have a real model! I can't wait til I can finally tell you all that my photo business is in operation! Just keep this in mind, it will be *soon* and there will be blog reader discounts for sessions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mellissa,
I am so very proud of you! You do go after your dreams and make them come true. I am thankful to "hubby" that he helps you make your dreams come true. Congratulations!
Mom

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! What a surprise for you! I can't even imagine stunned silence anywhere near you. hahaha =) You know that I am bringing Riggs and my children to get their pics taken. Maybe you could do our family Christmas picture this year!! How fun for you to be realizing a dream. I know you will be wildly successful!

Love, Gina

Mellissa said...

Thank you both sooo much!

And G- my studio will travel too! So if you have a favorite park or someplace you love I can do the session there! I cannot wait to corral your kids & Riggso for some pics! Woohoo!