Sunday, June 1, 2008

a weekend of studying

*Photo courtesy of National Park Service, Department of the Interior.*

I have the privilege of going to Maryland soon for a one week class in advanced restoration techniques and methodology. The class is the highest level class for professionals in disaster restoration, so it is tough! I am spending the weekend studying and will be doing more studying every night! I really want to pass this class with a good grade, I will need a minimum of 80% on my written test to pass, then I have to write an advanced research paper on a restoration topic. I think I will write and research about the mental and emotional aspect of working with people after a disaster, but I have to have that approved first.

I do have one day of leisure built in to my trip and I am so looking forward to a day in Washington D.C. I was there last 17 years ago and since then the Korean Veterans War Memorial (pictured above) is new. I cannot wait to spend a day on the National Mall taking pictures! But for now, back to studying! Sigh...

No comments: