Thursday, December 4, 2008

I am scrapbooking!

(that title was said in a sing-songy voice)
I am taking Friday off work, and am already at the Scrapbooking house with a 4 other ladies! The rest of the group will be up tomorrow and we'll all be working on our scrapbooks until Sunday! Yes, a whole weekend of friends, laughter & teasing, working on scrapbooks, learning new techniques and all away from home. That last part is the only not great thing about the weekend. I miss the Hubby so much. I am working on finishing up the last of my "old fashioned" paper album tonite and tomorrow I will venture into the new land of digital scrapbooking! I am already soooo excited I can hardly stand it! Mary shared her 3 fav web sites that have FREE digital content downloads! Ya, free stuff for my pages!

There has been some concern from people that I will just be doing things on the computer. That's only part of it. I will be editing my already digital photos as usual, but instead of printing them at ProEx, I will place them into digital scrapbook pages within some scrapbooking software I purchased from Creative Memories. I can manipulate the pages and add TONS of doo-dads and foo-foos without taking out any supplies! Then, once I get my digital album done I will be submitting it for printing. It comes back to me looking like a coffee-table book! A hard cover album with printed pages! It will actually be a lot cheaper too! There aren't any consumables to purchase! I can purchase digital content for my pages, but it will never run out! I will post an update later this weekend and post a page that I will complete too! Happy weekend everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Glad to hear you are having fun! Sounds like you've got the whole weekend planned out. Would you mind posting the 3 websites Mary passed on? I would love to know! Get lots done!

Mellissa said...

Seriously woman, do you sleep?!?!?! :-) I will post them! That was part of my master plan for tomorrow's blog...once I offically start my digital conversion! hehehehehe! Gotta keep ya coming back for more! You have a great weekend too!