Friday, December 5, 2008

A new scrappy chapter~!

I finished up the last of my traditional paper album earlier today. And, I just installed the new Storybook Creator Plus software install on my computer along with some digital paper designs and doodles and swirls! The install went well to my external hard drive and I think it's nap time already! I will wake up refreshed and ready to go and learn and explore some great new scrapbooking methods. I am really excited to be making the conversion to digital. I have a hunch that I will be pretty much using the digital methods and not doing any albums the 'old' way. Don't' get me wrong, I love the tactile experience of paper, ribbons, fibers, metal tags and embellishments. It's just that all that stuff takes up SOOOOOOOOOOOO much room, takes forever to get out, set up and get going and then put away again, and it's expensive too! Going digital means getting a computer (any computer), my external portable hard drive that has all my pics and software and sitting down. That's it. Clean up is a breeze too! Then, when I have an album complete I click on a few buttons and it's submitted for printing. It comes back to me as a coffee-table style album with my choice of covers. And, it's all cheaper than the pages I am doing now. I'm not saying "never again" for the traditional scrapbooking, but I have a hunch that my time and space will be an even more precious commodity in the very near future and the digital stuff just seems like it will fit in better for me.

As promised last nite, here are the 3 web sites Mary recommended for free digital content downloads:
http://www.scrapwow.com/
http://freedigitalscrapbooking.com/
http://www.shabbyprincess.com/

I will be a downloading queen tonite as I grab some more stuff! And, once I finish my first digital page I will post it here for all to see! Hope you are enjoying your Friday!

No comments: