Tuesday, December 2, 2008

WOOHOOO!!!!!

I did it! I am officially a Certified Restorer (TM) by the Restoration Industry Association!!!! I received my notification today. I am the 5th person in the state of MN who has earned it and the first female! I am also the 10th female in the WORLD who has earned this! There are around 500 people world-wide who are certified, most of them in the US. This is the news I was waiting for since I took the class in June in Washington, D.C. I did procrastinate in getting my paper done, so this is wonderful news for me! This is the highest certification in the restoration industry and is widely respected by our peer companies, insurance companies, and court systems. I am honored to be a part of such an esteemed group! My dad is also a CR so we have 2 in the family!

The instructor said that my formal restoration report was "excellent." I get to start using my designation now but I will miss the formal induction ceremony since it's the middle of March and baby will be between 2 and 4 weeks old. Did I mention that the induction ceremony is at the national convention and this year it's in Palm Springs? Ya, as great as it would be to be there and see my national peers and formally receive this among other CR's I cannot imagine traveling with such a new baby, nor can I imagine *wanting* to travel so soon after giving birth! I am just so happy! All that stressing and studying was worth it. Of course, the additional knowledge I have and the experience is beyond words.

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

delurking to say congradulations!

Amy said...

That is wonderful news!!! You worked so hard, and wow, what an elite group! Remind me to call YOU if I ever need that kind of help!

Crystal said...

Congrats! All your studying paid off. Maybe you can celebrate with your family and pretend you are in Palm Springs. :)

Anonymous said...

Mellissa:
Congratulations on your achievement and even though you won't be able to attend the formal Induction Ceremony this year, you can ALWAYS attend it next year, 2010 and have the experience that way. Take care and enjoy the ride!
Cynthia Hereth
Director of Education & Certification
RIA

Tina Vega said...

Congratulations, Mellissa!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mel, that is such a great accomplishment. Congrats. You are a very special woman.

Mellissa said...

Thank you all for your wonderful, kind words and support! Hugs!
Mellissa