Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bath Remodel Day 3

Oh wow am I tired! I worked pretty steadily all day and now it's after midnight and I am in sight of the finish line. I decided to install a new floor today so that took some time. I love the way it turned out! I installed it on the diagonal which is something I have never done before so it was a new challenge. I only ruined 4 or 5 tiles though. Tomorrow I have to install the mirror, build the picture frame for the mirror, install the baseboard, reinstall the toilet, install the sink and faucet, caulk along the tub, hang the towel holders. I think that's it...Below is a pretty and pain in the butt light fixture. That story is a whole blog in itself!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mellissa! Your bathroom looks fabulous! You really did a nice job on it, Kyle will be so surprised! With the floor, did you do ceramic tile or stick down? I love the diagonal, looks cool! Congrats! Youa re almost done!

XO Gina

Tina Vega said...

Very cool Mellissa!! I can't believe how much you accomplished in such a short amount of time. I am very impressed with your do-it-herself skills.

Mellissa said...

Hey ladies! Thanks for the positive words! G- I used Armstrong Premium Slate line 12" stick down tiles, I am soooo not brave enough to use ceramic on a weekend project! I love the way it looks and feels, it has great texture! And Tina, I am already brainstorming an outline for the Do-It-Herself blog...you are SUCH a troublemaker!