Friday, May 2, 2008

Bath Remodel Night 2

Have wine, will do house projects!

Hey, I got a second coat of stain on the cabinet and the first coat on the doors and drawers. I also decided to make a picture frame style frame to go around the plain-ol *huge* bathroom mirror and I got that wood stained too. I didn't do much with power tools tonight because neighbors, Chad & Melis brought over a bottle of red wine. Staining and painting I can do with wine, power tools and electrical not a chance!

I have also decided to replace the light fixture because I *hate* the way this one looks. I dropped some change at the big box home improvement stores today, but I did get some deals! I got a light fixture, drawer pulls, the wood for the frame I will build and some hardware to hang that frame. Tomorrow will be a busy day because I want to get 90% done before bed tomorrow (Saturday) night. I have to steel wool and stain the doors and drawers and frame, build the frame, remove the light fixture, mud, prime and paint the areas that need patching, install the new light fixture, buy and install new towel rods and a toilet paper holder, install faucet onto sink. Ya, I might *not* be getting to bed tomorrow night! If I can get all that done, then all I have to do on Sunday is install the new floor and put the sink top in place and connect the water supply lines. Easy stuff! Below is the ugly light fixture that *has* to come down!

No comments: