Friday, May 2, 2008

Bath Remodel

Before...the last ugly bathroom in our home.
So, the first night Hubby is gone I make a HUGE mess of the main bathroom in our house. This is the last bathroom to get a face lift; I did the face lifts/remodels in the two other bathrooms in the house so it will feel good to get the last one done!

Last night I got the sink top off (thanks neighbor Steve for the muscle!), the water shut-off valves installed, the doors and hardware off the vanity and the vanity sanded and one coat of stain on it! All of that and a trip to Home Depot before 9pm. Not too bad! I am not thrilled with the stain color though. I want darker and less red. I will have to figure out if I will live with it or try to fix it. On the agenda for tonight, a light sanding of the vanity using 000 steel wool and then another coat of stain. Then some drywall repair where I removed a sidesplash and sanding and staining the doors and drawers. Then all I have to do Saturday is any more drywall repair and paint on the wall, apply polyurethane to the vanity and install the new wood floor, apply 2nd coat of stain to the doors and drawers...hmm, that all seems to do-able. I must be forgetting something... Wish me luck!

Below, the new shut-off valves as seen from the top. Plumbing work is sooooo much easier when the sink is outta the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband is away too and I don't have a need to accomplish something big like that. Give me a good book, a little quilting, and dinner with my daughter. What else can a "girl' ask for.
Mom

Mellissa said...

Thanks Mom! I enjoyed dinner with you too! Curl up with that book and *enjoy*! Love you!