Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Hugo Stuff

*Above, one of my co-workers, standing on what should be the main floor of a house, tipped at a 90 degree angle. What you can see is the basement ceiling.*
*The debris above used to be a home. It's completely gone down to the foundation. This is not a rare sight in Hugo.*

I can't help it, my head and heart are just wrapped around the folks in Hugo and the losses they have suffered. I am spending 8-10 hours a day in their midst for work and it's just all I can think about.

So, now that the storm has settled, what next? Who helps with cleanup? What if my insurance company hasn't called me back? How do I make a list of the things that are gone? Who can I trust to re-build my house? How long will it take? Will insurance cover that? What about my yard that is *covered* with glass? Where do I live while my home is being repaired? I wonder if I will ever find any of my photo albums? I wonder where my wallet ended up?
Now imagine all of these questions rolling through your head at once...it becomes numbing and confusing and painful all at once. I happen to know the answers to all of those questions because I work in the restoration industry. But so many of these folks are reeling still. Please pray for calm, peace and discernment for all of these folks. They desperately will need the guidance as they make some major decisions.

1 comment:

Erick Acuña said...

wow......nice blog, hope u visit and comment mine, greatpurple2.blogspot.com.