Thursday, May 1, 2008

While the cat is away this mouse will play!

This is what I did last time Hubby went out of town...

I am guilty of doing house projects and remodeling when Hubby goes out of town. He's going to be gone for a few days now! The last time he went out of town for the weekend I remodeled our master bathroom. And by "..I remodeled..." I mean ME, not a contractor or family members, just me (and the faithful furballs). The master bathroom project involved taking out the sink top and vanity, installing water supply line shut-off valves, scraping the ugly popcorn texture off the ceiling, taking off all the stuff on the walls, patching the holes, and finally painting the walls and ceiling. All in one weekend! I was tired! Below is the "after" with new sink, faucet and vanity...
This time I think I will tackle the other bathroom! My plan is a new sink top and faucet which means that I will have to install water supply shut-off valves because there aren't any in there. I want to sand, re-stain and varnish the existing vanity cabinet too. The walls look nice so no need to paint, but I may remove the towel holders and put in new ones; not sure on that yet. And finally, if I have time, a new wood floor. I will post pics tomorrow so you know what I am starting with! And Hubby thinks I will be spending my time quilting and or scrapbooking! Ha!!! He should really know better by now.

3 comments:

marteenek said...

Hmm :)

Tina Vega said...

Ever thought of marketing your handwoman skills? Or, at the very least, perhaps you could create some "how to" posts to show us how become handywomen ourselves...

Mellissa said...

Tina, great idea! I never thought of that. I will have to post some handy-woman stuff on a regular basis. Thanks!