Monday, August 18, 2008

First Annual Oh Baby Triathlon!

K and I organized and held a family and friends social triathlon on Saturday. It was billed as a social event, not a competitive event. By all accounts it was a success! We had the swim at Schultz Lake Beach near our home, followed by a 9 mile bike ride back to our home and then a 2.5 mile walk/jog. Our friends, Jim, Rob, K and I did all 3 parts, while several other friends did the bike and walk/jog and still others did the walk. It really was a perfect day for the event too. Sunny, warm, very little wind...Everyone brought some yummy, healthy dishes to share so lunch was a great way to refuel our bodies with quality food. I wore my heart rate monitor for the whole thing so I could track my heart rate and be sure that I was not pushing myself too hard. When I looked at the end of the walk to see my heartrates (high low and average) I was floored to see that I had burned over 800 calories! Woohoo! It didn't feel like it was hard work, it really was fun and I didn't kill myself doing it. It feels wonderful to be living healthy and to be setting such a great example for the Baby even now.

We look forward to doing this again next year. I have already been told that Gramma will hold the baby while I participate.



No comments: