Friday, August 22, 2008

More details about great ultrasound yesterday.

Below are our child's feet! The arrow is pointing to them in the center of the image; you can actually count all ten perfect little toes! I cannot wait to hold them in my hands and play with them and kiss them!

I was just so excited about the ultrasound yesterday that I left some things out that were also great! And, I have the radiology report now too so I have the exact measurements of the fibroid. The fibroid the first time we saw it at 9 weeks was 2.5" x 3.5" x 3.0". Now, it is 2.25" x 1.53" x 1.8"! That is a dramatic change in 6 weeks! I cannot thank you all for your prayers! Indeed, they are working! And, I am even more motivated in keeping with this healthy living! I am not calling it a diet anymore, it's more than just a change for the pregnancy, a lot of the ways I am eating now will continue through nursing and then throughout life with me. I just feel better, my seasonal allergies are totally gone for the first time since I was 10 years old, and I know I am doing the right thing for my body and my baby. We both deserve to be healthy and I want to model this for my child growing up. It just feels good to treat my body right. More on that in tomorrow's post...

Another bit of great news is the location of the fibroid. It is on the outside of the uterus, at the top left. That is a great place for a fibroid (if you have to have one) because it will not impede any of Baby's growth, nor will it get in the way of the uterus contracting during or after labor. That is super huge, because some fibroids on the inside of the uterus can actually prevent the uterus from contracting after delivery and can contribute to lots of bad bleeding and the necessity of blood transfusions or emergency hysterectomy. Now, both of those are off the watch and risk list for us! Another WOOHOO!

We also found out that the placenta is high and on the back of the uterus, a perfect place for it to be! So much good news was crammed into 45 minutes yesterday that it was hard not to float as we walked around the State Fair! Hubby and I took a day off to play together and we really enjoyed the first day of the Great Minnesota Get Together. All the great news from the ultrasound also made it super easy to stick to the dietary restrictions out there. Ya, Sweet Martha's cookies smelled fabulous, but I enjoyed the smell and was not tempted to have one. I did eat all of this though: beef tips with horseradish sauce, turkey leg, buffalo steak kabob, organic nectarine, fresh squeezed lemonade without sugar, and one bad thing...a boysenberry malt from the dairy building. It's the only sugary food I have had in 6 weeks...I felt kinda bad about it.

No comments: