Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My clothes are shrinking!

I just realized that I still need to get a picture of the yard re-landscaping “AFTER” posted. I will try to take some pics tonight. I had been waiting for grass to grow back, and then I just got busy with other stuff.

I realized a couple of weeks ago that all my shirts are shrinking. They are all getting too short! I spent a few hours on Friday evening cleaning out my closet of all my favorite clothes that I know I won’t be wearing for the next year. I folded them nicely, said goodbye and put them in a tote. Of course, I followed my own closet cleaning rule too: if you haven’t worn it in a year, it gets tossed or donated. It really felt good to clean things out. Then, I got out the tote of Craigslist, garage sale and other maternity purchases. They all got washed and folded or hung in the closet too. Naturally, the tops are all hung by color, whites, tans, blues, pink, red, black.

I am wearing a real maternity shirt today. It’s weird. I guess I look in the mirror and see that my body is changing, but I am still down 11 pounds from where I was when I found out I was pregnant. And even though I weigh less, with the changing shape, my “skinny” jeans that I had been able to get back into don’t fit again. I am back to the “fat” jeans. They still have room in them for a little more belly growth. K was a sweetheart this morning too; he told me I looked wonderful! I told him that this was a maternity shirt and he was pretty surprised, he said it just looked like the current empire waist fashion. What a wonderful hubby! To the rest of the world I just look a little thick around the middle (typical American, right?) I am looking forward to looking pregnant!

No comments: