Sunday, August 3, 2008

I am soooo refreshed after a day at My Lake!

Although there are pictures of me at Lake Superior as young as 4 years old, the earliest memory I have of Lake Superior was when I was 12 years old. I sat on the beach of Park Point and filled my lined journal with profound, emotional poetry.

Lake Superior has been re-christened as My Lake to all who know me well. It has become one of my safe places, my sanctuary, my re-connecting place. I convinced K to spend the day with me along Minnesota's North Shore so I could be with My Lake. What a wonderful day it was! I brought K to the best rock beach in the world (Mn State Wayside, Flood Bay) just outside of Two Harbors and we watched kayakers and had a yummy picnic lunch. Then we cruised up to Beaver Bay and hiked part of the Superior Hiking Trail. We followed the trail down to some beautiful waterfalls. It felt so good to take off the hiking boots, slip the feet in the water and lay back...so good in fact, that I ended up taking a 1 hour nap just laying with my legs in the river on the rock in the sun! Mmmmmm, this is the stuff relaxing is made of! After that we headed to Park Point, another of my favorite places to sit with our toes in the sand and listen to the waves. It was a perfect road trip day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!! I love Lake Superior.