Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I could not be more in love!

Three years ago today, Hubby and I got married in our back yard. We had a very small (33 guests) wedding and it was a surprise wedding! *We* knew we were getting married, and our friend Nick who performed the ceremony knew and so did 3 other friends who helped us out. But everyone else, parents, siblings, best friends...they were all in the dark! It was a wonderfully relaxed day, sunny, warm, slight breeze filled with love and absolutely ZERO stress! K and I wrote the entire wedding ceremony ourselves. It was really a labor of love and took some time and compromise...it was perfect! We wrote our own vows to each other and we kept them secret too! It was wonderful to see the faces on our loved ones when we came out of the house in different (dressier) clothes than we had just had on and watch as they started to get that there was more going on than a house and deck-warming party!

K is more than I could ever have dreamed of. He is my best friend, my partner, my world. I am so blessed to have a partner that respects me completely, cherishes me endlessly and is just everything I need and want. Everyday with him is a gift...I love you honey!

3 comments:

Tina Vega said...

Congratulations!!!

Tina Vega said...

errrr.... I meant, "Happy Anniversary!!!"

Mellissa said...

Hehe, they BOTH fit the bill! Thanks! :-)