Thursday, August 14, 2008

the nursery & baby stuff

We did pick out a "theme" for Baby's room. It's going to be a cute little jungle safari off road thing. K was so sweet, he asked me some time ago what my thoughts were for the decor of the baby room. I just looked at him and said, "Whatever we decide to do we need to realize it's for us, not the kid. The kid won't care and won't remember." Is that just coldly too practical? Oh well, it's true! I figure when the ankle-biter is older then they can pick out colors and a theme they want and we can go all out. For now, a simple wall paper border, some hand painted trees and grass and some larger border-matching wall decals will have to do. We will be painting the room sometime in October with the VOC-free paint and getting it all set up. For now, the baby supplies are wonderfully piling up! We have a hand-me-down crib and changing table (THANKS G!), a dumpster dive find of a glider-rocker and ottoman. It's all coming together! I am 14 weeks along now, by the end of August it will be 16 weeks. I am still fitting in my "pre-baby" jeans and they are still buttoned, but I have a feeling I will have to go to my "fat" jeans soon. After my fat clothes don't fit anymore then I will go to maternity pants. Unfortunately, a lot of my shirts are just feeling too short already so I am wearing some maternity tops, but not the big tenty ones. I am wearing the fitted ones that don't look maternity and some other empire waist ones that are not maternity. Thank goodness the style that many people are wearing now is empire waist! I am finding lots of shirts that can be transitional pieces in my wardrobe! We've also spent some time talking about names. Our 5 weeks in New Zealand really influenced us! the Tasman Sea and the National Park is probably our favorite place in the world - literally! We also heard some gorgeous Kiwi names while we were there. Needless to say, the saints names are not high on our lists. We are trying to temper some of the more unique names with more "normal" middle names...oh the baby fun!

1 comment:

Tina Vega said...

UGH!!! I totally forgot about the jungle stuff I was going to give you... I'll try to get it to you this weekend.