Wednesday, September 10, 2008

18 weeks pregnant already!

I cannot believe that we are almost 1/2 way done with the pregnancy already and so much closer to meeting our Baby! It's still surreal. Last night I put K's hand on my growing belly and I think I may have felt a movement. Then later I thought I felt something again. I am hoping and wishing to feel the baby move so I don't know if this is literally just wishful thinking or real yet. I am excited to be certain and feel those first movements!

Baby is measuring about 5.6" long from head to butt and weighs in around 6.7 ounces. That's nearly as long as my hand! It's just crazy to think of something that big inside me and I can't feel it. Baby development is also growing in leaps and bounds. Baby is hiccuping now, loud noises in my environment will startle it and may cause it's arms and hands to go up to try to cover their ears! Also, the vocal chords are developed and the baby can (and will) be crying at times, though there will be no sound due to lack of air, only amniotic fluid. Oh, and Baby can yawn now too! It's amazing and miraculous to think of the life growing inside me and all of the wonderful things to come!

No comments: