Wednesday, September 17, 2008

fried, frazzled, shot

I am just exhausted and burned out and I have no idea why. There have been several opportunities to take photos lately, times when I had my camera with me and I just didn't *want* to take it out. I feel like there is not enough time in the day for a fraction of what I need to get done. Work, trying to keep the house somewhat clean, get exercise in 5x a week, play with the Monster dog, connect with Hubby, work on the kitchen remodel/facelift, see friends that I miss...argghh!!! That doesn't even include "fun" time stuff like scrapbooking or quilting or taking a photo-field trip or playing with nieces and nephews!

I am bummed that I am in some sort of burn-out funk and I don't know how to shake it. To top it all off I am fighting a killer headache that had me totally out of comission yesterday. It's still here and I know I don't need a chiropractor for it (I was adjusted) and I have had plenty of water. I won't take any thing for it since I am 19 weeks pregnant, so I am relying on ice packs and trying to relax. Ya, right.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Hang in there girl! It seems like there are many people I know finding themselves in a similar funk lately. Not to mention you are 19 weeks pregnant! Your energy is being used up by 2 people. I blame the weather changes too. Hopefully if you can get rid of this headache you'll be on your way to getting out of this funk. Have you tried smelling Lavender oil? That works well for me. It looks like a nice sunny day outside, maybe you could take 15 mins for yourself (and baby) to soak up some sun? That's gotta help! I'm not sure if it makes you feel better to know you aren't the only one struggling to find time for everything. I have both sides of my sink full of dirty dishes right now because I've been running around trying to do everything else. (It's quite disgusting actually) Just remember to focus on what's really important. The dishes aren't going anywhere...

Hope you feel better soon,

Crystal

Mellissa said...

Crysta, you are such a dear! Thank you for your encouraging words and great advise!!! I will get out soon with the yellow dog and try to enjoy a walk. Thank you!

Tina Vega said...

Sorry to hear about the funk, Mellissa. I love this verse, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:14). When the world (my home, kids, hubby & other responsibilities) begin swirling, I have to remember who is in charge. It helps me to "let go" of the nagging stuff. I pray that you will be lifted up today and the rest of your afternoon and evening would be headache-free.

Amy said...

Don't be too hard on yourself-sounds like you are juggling a lot/have a lot going on-no wonder you are fried, frazzled, shot! Hoping your headache is gone by now and you can take some time to just be. :)