Saturday, September 27, 2008

a ripple in the water



Some people in our lives are in and out quickly, yet they make such alasting, positive impression. They are like the tiny pebble dropped in still water and the rippley circles just continue to radiate quietly outward, growing larger and larger. I met this kind of a person through work. Dr. Ed had a small fire in his home. Meeting him, being able to help him through the confusing maze of an insurance claim and get his personal property cleaned, restored and back to him quickly was actually an honor for me. He is the kind of person whose voice you hear on the phone and even though you aren't close, you immediately feel tension drain from you and you are in a better mood. Dr. Ed is the most caring gentleman that just exudes peace! I am so bummed because he is a pediatrician and his practice is on the opposite side of the world from me. I would love to have him as the pediatrician for our child. And we all know how I feel about doctors! (For those of you who don't know, it's not favorable.) At work I pride myself on taking care of my customers, but it was different for Dr. Ed. I wanted to make sure that this fire would be less than a blip on the radar for him. His gentle demeanor and the peace he spreads is a gift and the children who have been his patients are so blessed! Thank you Dr. Ed for being that ripple in my life. I will always remember you fondly!

No comments: