Monday, September 8, 2008

ahh, the smell of a respirator

I was a good mommy and wore my respirator for all of the priming and painting that I did this weekend. That was in addition to having all of the windows open and running a commercial HEPA filter too. I am happy with how much I got done! K was off to South Dakota for a hunting trip with our friend and also my dad so I felt a little bit of self-imposed pressure to get lots done while he was gone. This time though, the project was already a known event and so were all the colors! No surprises!!!!!

Since we refinished all the baseboards and casing when we move in 4 years ago, I just removed the trim rather than mask it and risk getting *any* paint on it! Then I sanded the walls to get rid of any imperfections, patched a few areas that needed it, primed the once dark purple kitchen, then painted two coats of antique white! The entryway and hallway also got a fresh coat of paint, but it was the same antique white as we painted 4 years ago, so it just looks fresh! The antique white kitchen though, that is a change! I want to get the new railing system moving ahead again and then we can start sanding the cabinets and we can begin that part of the facelift!

Below, the "before" of our dark purple kitchen...

Above, the "after" our new antique white kitchen...

No comments: