Thursday, January 15, 2009

A shift in my reading materials

Above, my niece reading a book I received at the Shower to Baby and I. As you can tell, I was exhaused! She nearly read me to sleep. It was so precious!


So, I have read everything I feel that I need to or want to about birthing and all the wonderful things surrounding it and feel as prepared as a first timer can be. I am excited and calm about everything and am just loving every single day as my pregnancy winds down and the welcoming of Baby gets near. However, I just realized that I have read NOTHING about parenting stuff. Sure, I babysat kids from the time I was 10 years old and was a lifeguard and swim instructor for YEARS and I am very confident about day-to-day care. I know what tummy time is, but when do you start that and for how long each day? What kinds of learning/development milestones should I be watching for and when to introduce new toys or types of play...etc....Does anyone have books they loved that tend towards more natural parenting or Attachment Parenting styles? Of course, I also know to take it all as a guideline because every single person and baby develops at their own rate and with their own style. I'd just like some sort of guidelines...Thanks everyone!

No comments: