Thursday, January 8, 2009

a short video

I am trying to come up with the words to explain why K and I are hoping for a home birth of our child in the coming weeks. Bear with me, as it may take a week or more to try to organize our thought process and emotions related to this...in the meanwhile, this short video of a midwife in Ohio is beautiful. Watch it, see how gentle the who birth process/philosophy can be, this is but a snippet of what we value... One last note, in Minnesota midwives *can* provide prenatal care. We have received all of our prenatal care thru or midwife and her assistant, who is a midwifery student (in her 2nd of 3 years of midwifery school). Please take a minute to watch this video. It's beautiful (and *not* graphic)!
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~tm322203/Midwife/



2 comments:

Alberta Rose said...

That is an awesome video Mellissa! I smiled when I heard her talking about "home court advantage".

Crystal said...

I am requesting a post with a picture of you and baby. Do you look like you enjoyed Thanksgiving AND Christmas a little too much now? Hope everything is going well.